We're seeking a Story Lead to join our Amsterdam team with strong writing skills, game development expertise, and exceptional creative leadership. This role involves working on an ambitious narrative driven VR game based on a globally renowned IP. The focus of the role is to create an outstanding story and advocate for its integration across all disciplines within the development team. While hands-on game engine skills are a plus, they're not mandatory. We're interested in candidates with a proven history of providing effective creative leadership for a team of narrative designers on console or PC titles.
- Oversee all project writing, collaborate with internal and external talent to ensure consistency, quality, and IP compliance.
- Manage the status and accuracy of story assets, including scripts, character bios, world-building, and narrative arcs.
- Own casting and planning of recording sessions to ensure top talent and budget efficiency.
- Coordinate cross-discipline alignment for the planning and execution of performance/motion capture and voice action recordings.
- Lead an internal team of narrative designers, responsible for designing and implementing story assets in the game engine.
- Champion the story's implementation, driving collaboration across animation, game/artistic direction, and production.